An ES&E Special Report
As utilities increasingly take advantage of the automation available through modern SCADA technology, they will also need to upgrade their cybersecurity measures to protect their more technologically-advanced systems.
Read the full article in ES&E Magazine’s April 2021 issue. See a list of references and links to the mentioned cybersecurity resources and best practices below.
Resources for cybersecurity best practices
- ISA Guide to the ISA/IEC-62443 Series of Cybersecurity Standards
- ISA/IEC-62443 Series of Cyber Security Standards for Industrial Automation Control Systems
- NIST Special Publication 800-82, Guide to Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security
- NIST 800 Series Computer Security Standards
- Canadian Cyber Security Tool (CCST), Public Safety Canada
- Cyber Security Evaluation Tool (CSET), US Cybersecurty & Infrastructure Security Agency
- AWWA G430-14(R20) Security Practices For Operation And Management
- AWWA J100-10(R13) Risk And Resilience Management Of Water And Wastewater Systems
- 15 Cybersecurity Fundamentals for Water and Wastewater Utilities – Water Information Sharing and Analysis Center (WaterISAC)